ATA2023 CALL FOR RESEARCH ABSTRACTS - SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2022
ATA2023 will showcase best practices, practical applications and forward-thinking approaches to virtual care. The ATA2023 Research Track will feature Scientific Presentations and Poster Sessions on topics within the telehealth, digital and connected health spaces. This dedicated program track will focus on the data, evidence and case studies driving innovation and building the foundation that will reshape the practice of healthcare. Submissions from clinicians, researchers and innovators who are moving ideas to implementation are welcome.
Call for Research Abstracts — Guidelines:
Proposed submissions should fit within the ATA2023 theme: Now What? Creating Opportunity in a Time of Uncertainty. Topics and areas of research/interest include, but are not limited to: Access to Care, Cost Analyses, Patient Experience, Clinician Experience, Clinical Effectiveness, Clinical Outcomes, Quality Improvement, Regulatory & Policy Research, Information Technology, and Measurement Frameworks & Tools.
ATA2023 Theme — Background:
From Now What? To How To! The Vision and Realities of Telehealth Adoption
The new reality is that patients and providers alike want access to telehealth services for a range of healthcare interactions. As we reenter the ‘new normal’ and reimagine what healthcare will look like in the next year and beyond, the vision for sustainable telehealth is coming into focus.
ATA2023 will explore how to create the right systems, provide the right training and develop the right tools to entrench telehealth – once and for all – in our healthcare lexicon.
- How are delivery systems going to deliver?
- How will telehealth service providers create sustainable services?
- How will DTC companies face growing competition and an evolving marketplace?
- Where will investors discover their next big discovery?
- Will patients lose their patience waiting for safe, convenient and affordable care, whenever and wherever they need it?
The American Telemedicine Association (ATA), the premier organization focused on advancing telehealth, is convening like-minded and motivated stakeholders and decision-makers at ATA2023 to talk telehealth. This is not a healthcare conference dabbling in virtual care. ATA2023 is the telehealth conference that puts telehealth in its place – within a hybrid care delivery model.
- Business – Legal, regulatory, equity, staffing/training, business models, reimbursement and licensing
- Policy – Federal policy and regulatory priorities, state legislative agendas, international policy perspectives
- Clinical Opportunities – Primary care, specialty care, DTC, long term care, pharmacy, hospital at home
- Wildcards – Investors, Payers, Employers, Life Sciences, Startups, Delivery Systems
- Technology – Safety/security, products/platforms, async/sync, emerging solutions, RPM/Whole Person Health, DTx, AI, home testing
- Research – Research, data and analytics; decentralized technology-driven clinical trials
All submissions will be carefully considered by the ATA2023 Research Content Review Committee. Those submitting abstracts will have the opportunity to indicate preferred presentation format (oral or poster), however the ATA Research Review Committee reserves the right to specify final format for any abstract selected for presentation.
Please note: ATA2023 will not hold a formal Call for Participation for the general program, which will be fully curated by the Program team - only abstracts for scientific presentations and posters will be accepted. To submit your ideas for general session speakers or topics, please click here. If you have any questions related to general content, please contact DeAnna Grosbaum, Director of Content and Programming, at the ATA.
Research Track Submissions — Format:
Submission categories include:
- Abstract Title
- Description (50 word limit)
- Abstract (200 word limit)
- Method (Multiple Choice: Randomized Controlled Trial, Observational, Survey/Qualitative, Descriptive, Implementation Science, Cost Analysis, Other)
- Clarification of Research (Multiple Choice: Access to Care, Cost Analyses, Patient Experience, Clinician Experience, Clinical Outcomes, Quality Improvement, Regulatory & Policy Research, Information Technology, Measurement Frameworks & Tools, Other)
- Results (100 word limit)
- Conclusions (100 word limit)
To review the full listing of research abstracts from ATA2022, please visit Telemedicine and e-Health Journal, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers.
Abstracts should not be commercial in nature. Any abstract that appears to be promoting a company, product or service will not be considered. Please note: ATA does not provide speaking fees or other expenses related to presenting.
Previously presented data: To be considered, abstracts/data that have already been presented in whole need to include new information. Recently published data can be submitted if not presented in whole at another conference.
Deadline for all submissions has been extended to Friday, September 16, 2022. No further extensions will be made. If you have any questions related to the program, please contact DeAnna Grosbaum, Director of Content and Programming, at the ATA.